SystemOne is a connected diagnostics and disease intelligence company that is committed to improving clinical care in low and middle income countries. We are improving lives via SystemOne's Aspect™ platform that moves data from millions of real-time HIV and Tuberculosis patient diagnostic tests in 39 countries, and the pace is accelerating. We’ve facilitated unprecedented volumes and quality of data to measure disease outbreaks, patient care, the utilization of donor-purchased equipment and reagents, and component efficiencies within the health system. We are now looking to support countries as they unlock the incredible value of this data in their health system through our data use program.
To expand our reach in key TB and HIV burden countries, SystemOne is recruiting for two highly motivated and mission-driven Global Health Associates who will join the team in 2018. These Associates will be instrumental in helping us reach critical masses in those countries hit hardest by preventable, infectious disease. The position involves daily interactions with global health leaders, implementing partners around the world, and travel to these countries to ensure success.
The Global Health Associate will be responsible for the following:
o Build long-term relationships with key customers -- you will be assigned a portfolio of countries and will be the company’s primary contact for sales, advisory, and support
o Triage customer requests and facilitate consultative conversations with key TB and/or HIV target countries
o Develop compelling proposals that articulate the value of SystemOne’s offerings and meet the needs of customers and funding organizations
o Proofread and copyedit concept papers and proposals developed by colleagues
o Drive contracting processes: work with CFO and Global Health Team Leader to review contracts and finalize working relationships and agreements
o Effect a smooth handoff from sales team to project implementation team
o Advocate for your assigned countries and ensure SystemOne is delivering on its potential of high-value, low-cost interventions
o Maintain and grow relationships with key areas of the organization including marketing, implementation and research & evaluation
o Develop relationships with customers
o Ensure customer support requests are followed up on by the Customer Experience team in a timely and quality manner
o Follow standard work procedures for processing new contracts
o Evaluate progress towards country and organizational goals
o Maintain and regularly update the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and company internal systems (JIRA by Atlassian) to track and prioritize business opportunities
Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must embrace SystemOne Core values:
Do good and create lasting value;
Make the journey matter;
Be worthy of respect;
Be pragmatic and keep it simple.
- Must be skilled in project and relationship management, detail-focused and able to manage towards aggressive goals and timelines
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills and interpersonal savvy
- Must have high energy, be organizationally agile, and have the ability to transform concepts into action
- Must work well with others, be they on the same team or across the organization
- Must be able to work in a small, fast moving, environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time; highly likely to travel to 3-5 developing nations each year, build professional and personal relationships with in-country counterparts, and maintain those relationships over time. This is a great chance to go see the world while doing good in the communities you visit!
- Based in Boston metro area, Massachusetts (USA) or Johannesburg (South Africa) strongly preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with client development, proposal writing, managing products and/or developing programs required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters degree or relevant experience in international health preferred
- Experience with USAID, Global Fund or other global funding mechanisms highly desirable
Please learn about SystemOne at www.systemone.id, and send a cover letter and resume, with 3 references (including their contact information) to email@example.com, by February 28, 2018.